Last week we finished our American symbols project. The students did an amazing job. They should all be proud of the work they completed. They were all able to select a symbol and research reasons why their chosen symbol is important. The reasons they came up with were impressive as well as the level of detail they put into their dioramas. I hope to have the students share their projects with you through Class Dojo later this week.
This week your child will be bringing home their first book report. They will be completing a legend report to supplement our studies of the Washo Indians. Your child will be coming home with an assigned legend and all of the information needed to complete the report tomorrow. We will go over the expectation in class and will look at a sample report to help them understand how to complete their own. They will be expected to turn in a written report and present their book report orally to the class. All reports will be due on November 20th. Please read through the packet and let me know if you have any questions.
In addition to the legends book report we will also be going on a field trip as part of our Washo Indians unit. On Thursday, November 16th we will be visiting the Gatekeepers museum. Permission slips will be coming home this week. Please let me know if you are available to help drive and chaperone this trip.
Have a great week!
- Wednesday, November 8th- Early Release @12:50
- Friday, November 10th- Veteran's Day, No School
- Thursday, November 16th- Gatekeepers Museum Field Trip
- Thursday, November 16th- PTO Meeting @3:30
- Friday, November 17th- Downtown Holiday Tree Decorating
- Classroom Volunteers Needed- Please visit our volunteer sign up to sign up to help if you are able.