We spent our last week before break wrapping up our fractions unit in math as well as our animal adaptations unit. We will be finishing up our oral presentations in the next couple of days, the students did a great job on their dioramas and will be sharing those with you through Class Dojo this week. I was hoping to have this step done before we went to break but time just did not allow for that unfortunately. We also enjoyed a fire safety presentation from our local fire agencies before we headed off to break and will be spending some time this week working on our posters for the annual fire safety poster contest.
This week we will be shifting our focus in our Walk to learn groups from reading to math for most students in order to prep the students for our upcoming state testing. We will be spending some time working through some more complex, multi step problems as well as working on explaining our thinking for solving a problem in writing.
Finally, please be on the lookout for permission slips that will be coming home in the next several weeks as field trip season is upon us.
I hope you all have a wonderful week!
- Tuesday, April 17th- School Site Council Meeting @3:30
- Thursday, April 19th- PTO Meeting @3:30
- Monday, April 23rd- ELAC Meeting @6:00
- Wednesday, April 25th- Family Science Fair Night
- Classroom Volunteers Needed! - Please visit our volunteer sign up to sign up to help if you are able.